Week 10 of my internship was the last week before we broke up for Christmas, exciting as it was we had plenty of work to be getting on with….
- Update Regis dashboard to monthly totals on social & update as usual
- Create a new dashboard for Photolink
- Pinterest Regis and Supercuts – Update Pinterest with new links from the sites, follow a few new people and like and commenton some relevent people’s pins
- Pinterest for Photolink – Update Pinterest with new links from the sites, follow a few new people and like and commenton some relevent people’s pins
Behance for Photolink – add a new project
- Instagram for regis and Supercuts – speak to Orla to obtain some images for each brand (just one or two) & upload. Follow some users, like some relevant images
- Distribute Regis Infographics – Speak to Orla to obtain infographics – add links to linkbuilding doc
- Distribute Regis comp – 12 days of regis – add links to linkbuilding do
Now it’s the end of our first term most of this I found easy enough to get on with myself, the list of work at the start of a day can sometimes seem quite daunting but once prioritised and broken down it’s always a happy ending! I have found the first term of this placement so educational and some of the best experience that I have been lucky enough to gain so far. So excited to see what second term has to offer after the Christmas break!
The past 2 weeks at Photolink I have felt I have started to work more independently and that I now know what tasks need to be completed without having to be told (sounds like I’m back at school!). Each week I start by updating their main campaigns Google Analytic spreadsheets within Google Documents, begin social bookmarking the newest posts and information that has been added to their clients websites and start adding a new project to the companies Behance profile.
During these two weeks we started to work with infographics for the first time, we were given two that they had created for their client Little Black Dress.
The Iconic Red Dress
And Audrey Hepburn, What Didn’t You Know…
Our task was then to spread these throughout infographic sites, we soon discovered that these sites are very particular to what they decide to upload but hopefully these will be floating around the web sooner rather than later!
Now were all up to date!
I have struggled to post over the past month being so busy around my first Brand Management assignment, now thats out of the way it’s back to keeping the blog up to date! I’m going to summarise the past month goings on in just two new posts.
Thinking back a couple of weeks, when I was first introduced to a new social media platform built to showcase portfolios by creative professionals known as Behance. The site being perfect for Photolink, as a creative marketing and communications agency focused around photography. The site gives them the ability to store and share all of their work from various campaigns to thousands of others within similar industries.
The first upload I made was Supercut’s 2013 Lookbook:
The next week I then uploaded Regis’s Life By You, Hair By Regis’s campaign photographs:
From this week onwards I have also been working with the companies Google Analytics for all of their digital campaigns, working with other interns we have taken one of their main campaigns to work with closely, mine being Regis. This has meant I have been tracking Regis’s progress across various areas such as overall traffic, social referrals and whether they are successfully reaching their online goals. We have then been updating their Google Document spread sheets to track the campaigns progress and to see where improvements can be made.
More coming very soon!